Friday, January 21, 2011

Distractions...

Ahh this past week has been crazy, no time for any real, profound posting I fear. 

But.... I bought new shoes.  Happy days.  They're basically that wedge work-boot variation that has been seen everywhere lately.  So while hardly original, at least I'll be comfortable.  As they're also black, and quite plain as design goes, I like to think of them as a blank canvas for outfits.  Here's to my happy future with my new favourite shoes.
New Look boots, paid about 26 euro due to student discount, yay.

Today, as I have been working on the dreaded college work, I was delighted in my futile attempts at research to come across some postcards I bought at Woodstock that I had completely and utterly forgotten about.  That was eighteen months ago now.... take me back America, please.  

I collect unusual postcards and use them as wall art, well, because I cannot afford the originals.

Frankly mine is better quality.  Minus the Life watermark.

I picked up my copy of The Sixties: Years of Hope, Days of Rage which was also bought at Woodstock, when those magnificent postcards revealed themselves.  One was of Pete Townshend during The Who's performance in 1969, the other was of the site owner, Max Yasgur.  He was pictured giving the peace sign to the high-spirited, mud-soaked crowd.  The legacy of Woodstock itself immortalized with his words, 

"You have shown the world what this generation is about."

Never a truer word spoken about what the 60s encompassed.  A decade of unrest certainly, but imperatively of progress .  

Then, I felt nostalgic, and relented to my inner-hippie momentarily:

   

No comments:

Post a Comment