Sunday, March 6, 2011

The Only Thing Actually Entertaining About This Year's Academy Awards Was the Fashion

The show was dull.  Mundane.  Awkward.

Anne Hathaway was too showbiz. 

James Franco was too.... no further comment.

However, the glamour!


Dress of the Night, and indeed, the Year goes to....

Alot of people have been hating on this Givenchy dress that Cate Blanchett wore, but I think it is a masterpiece!  It breathed some life in the red carpet, too often actresses play it safe.  With their money and figures, they should be more experimental.  She is a trailblazer. 


The Rest of the Best....

Mandy Moore in Monique Lhuillier looks stunning.  I know there are elements of this that look safe, something that in the above I lamented over, but the localizing of the sparkles (technical term? ha...) and the exposure of the taffeta save redeem the classic shape. 

Anne Hathaway may annoy me, but this Atelier Versace enamored me.

Givenchy scores another triumph!  Zoe Saldana working playful and appropriate for the after-party.  Serious colour-clash, but also a serious win.

The Almost and the Meh...


I love the idea of what Nicole Kidman is doing here in Dior... The white frock with splash of colour shoes, but the origami waist thing is just killing me.

Marisa Tomei in what I can gather to be vintage... 


The Seriously? 


When is Gwyneth going to get over "I feel like I'm in my twenties" phase? 
Calvin Klein... 'cause minimalism is coming back.


Melissa Leo sacrificed my mother's doilies to make this dress.  


It looks as if Amanda Seyfried found the fabled puffy shirt.

No comments:

Post a Comment