Sunday, March 6, 2011

Blogging Hiatus

If there are any avid readers out there (I wish) I would like to apologise for my recent prolonged absence.  Who knew MAs were so time consuming?!

I never even did my Oscars best dressed blog!

It will follow soon though, because by God I have opinions!


Recent adventures have included writing and postmodern film-studies, exciting endeavours I will have you know.  Our class on Pulp Fiction gave me a thirst for more Tarantino, so last night I returned to Kill Bill (Vol.1). 

The climatic showdown with O-Ren Ishii, I must admit, is one of my favourite movie scenes of all time.  Tarantino is after all the master of pastiche.

I remember viewing a mini-documentary about the Kill Bill films once, and Uma Thurman spoke passionately about how the theme of redemption drives this film.  So for those who are concerned with the overt gore and violence, remember that more intricate, emotional concerns are more imperative to even stylistic pieces like Quentin's.

Now, without further ado, I leave you with a taste of brilliance.

No comments:

Post a Comment