Saturday, May 14, 2011

The Amazing Parody

I'm obsessed with all things Wes Anderson recently.  This has possibly been inspired by watching Bored to Death, starring none other Max Fischer himself.  I have already professed my love for The Royal Tenenbaums and what I think is cinema's greatest opening credits.

With great art, comes great parody and because Anderson belongs to the auteur set, his work inspires immense spoofing.  I came across this treasure on one of those Icanhascheezburger sites.  Hey, I am a student, how else am I to procrastinate for hours at a time.

The following video is what a Spiderman film would look like it brought to you by Wes Anderson, and presumably Owen Wilson for that matter.

Though satire is inherent, it reeks of pastiche that suggests the ultimate homage.  It presents a pace and style that complements Anderson's along with even precisely reproducing the movements of his camera.

Prussian Sunsets, I tip my hat to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment