Sunday, February 6, 2011

This Weekend You'll Find Things In Unexpected Places

ARTstor is one of the most amazing online image databases.
It has all the copyright issues in order for students in need of pictures for assignments.
It is nothing less than a life-saver.

Decided to have some unadulterated fun with the ARTstor archives today.

My search with "vogue" yielded some beauties:

These shoes are a Steve Arpad design, and from I can determine from around 1938-39. 
Though something about them made me think they were from some sort of Elizabethan period. 
Platforms of today and quaking in their soles.  
Maybe they will be Lady Gaga's next acquisition. 


Don't you just?
Adverts from cosmetic companies these days do not possess half enough mystique.



To feed my constant New York nostalgia, I typed "NYC music", et voila:







All images from ARTstor archives.


No comments:

Post a Comment